1. In what currency shall the tuition and accommodation be paid?
Ans.: In Chinese currency.
2. Can the tuition for one academic year be paid on one semester basis?
3. Is there any bank nearby the campus that serves foreign currency exchange ?
Ans: Yes, there is a branch of Bank of China 5-7 minutes’ walk from the campus.
1. Is room reservation possible?
Ans.: Yes, room reservation can be made when submitting the Application Form. Make two choices for room reservation as arrangement of room for international students will be made in order of registered time.
2. How to register to live in international students dormitory? Is deposit necessary?
Ans.: For those student who has made room reservation, just go through the check-in formalities at the front desk by showing his/her passport and admission notice and paying the required deposit, then he/she will be taken to the room as arranged.
3. Can the accommodation cost be paid by month?
Ans.: No. Accommodation cost shall be paid on semester basis. If the student returns to his/her country ahead of scheduled time or move off campus before the end of semester, there will be no return of the rest of the paid room cost.
4. Can the international students live in their dormitory rooms during the summer break or winter break?
Ans.: Yes, but their have to pay for the days they live in.
5. Are there any shared kitchens in the dormitory
Ans.: Yes, shared kitchens are available at fixed time.
6. Are international students allowed to live off campus?
Ans.: Yes. However, they should go to the police station of their new living area
for off-campus living registration. It is not allowed to live off campus without a “Temporary Residence. Registration Form”.
7. Is there any time restriction for meeting visitors at the international students’ dormitory?
Ans.; Yes, there is. A restriction of time is made for international students to visitor at the dormitory for the reason to keep a good order and create a pleasant environment for study.
8. Do visitors have to enter their names for their visit?
Ans.; Yes, they do. They have to sign up and show their ID before they can enter the students dormitory room.
(Visiting time: 13:00 – 14:00 Monday through Friday, 9:00– 23:00 Saturday and Sunday)
9. Can international students check in if they arrive not during office hours?
Ans.: Yes, they can. The front desk is in service 24 hours.
10. Is there any deadline for check-out after students finish their studies?
Ans.: Students have to go through check-out formalities within one week after they finish their studies. If they remain to stay beyond one-week limit, they need to inform the front desk for their extension and pay for the days after the one-week limit at non-student rate.
About Visa Formalities
1. Does the university act on the students’ behalf for Visa and Residence Permit formalities?
Ans.: No, but it will help to prepare the documents needed for the formalities.
2. Is Re-entry Visa possible after entering China with an F Visa?
Ans.: Yes, but the original visa will be invalid. The validity of the Re-entry Visa will extend .for a period of 3 months from the date of application.
About Office Hours
1. Please inform of the office hours of the International Students Office.
Ans.: 7:40 – 11:40 in the morning; 2:30 – 5:30 in the aftrnoon.
About Internet Service
1. Is internet service accessible in each of the dormitory rooms? Is there an internet bar on campus?
Ans.: Internet is available in each dormitory room. There is an electronic reading room in the International Education Center (charged).
About Extra-curricular Activities
1. In addition to Chinese language courses, are there any elective courses such as Taiji and others?
Ans.: In addition to Chinese language courses, such elective course as Taiji and Calligraphy are included in the curriculum each semester. Each elective course is usually scheduled once a week, taken voluntarily and charged reasonably.. Such elective courses as Business Chinese Conversation and others arranged by the Department of Chinese Language a Second Language area usually offered in the third and fourth periods Friday morning, free of charge.
About Daily Life
1. Are there washing machines available for public use on campus?
Ans.: Yes, there are in the international students dormitory building.
2. Are there any other particular facilities on campus?
Ans.: There are fitness room, café, reading room, electronic reading room, etc.
3. Are international students allowed to dine at the Chinese students canteens?
Ans.: There is an international students canteen or restaurant on campus. However, they are allowed to go to the Chinese students canteen. The Chinese students canteen practices the electronic card system, and electronic card is available at its office by showing the student ID.
About Airport Pick-up
1. Does the university arrange an airport pick-up for international students on arrival?
Ans.; Yes, but an airport pick-up is due to charge.